WE EXIST TO GLORIFY GOD through the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
May 18, 2018We are looking to the future of our church, and we look back to the words of the Apostle Paul: “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
In these closing comments to the church of Thessalonika, Paul exhorted the church regarding the qualities which should characterized the people of the church—us. He preaches three simple commands:
- Rejoice always– Choose joy in Christ and root your identity in Christ’s comfort despite circumstances, feelings, and even preferences.
- Pray without ceasing– Continually and intentionally seek God by kneeling before Him in a disciplined way. We trust He will lead, provide, and answer. This is never easy and requires a commitment to the hard work.
- Give thanks in all circumstances– We choose thankfulness. In order to be grateful in all situations, we must keep our view vertical. Despite the difficulty of the Apostle Paul’s life, he lived in all-encompassing thankfulness rooted in gratitude to the Lord.
All of this “is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” If you want to know God’s desire for our church and for you, this is it: Live out these three commands. Let’s encourage each other by rejoicing always, praying always, and giving thanks always.
We are continuing our search for a new pastor. Here’s what’s happening right now in the process.
- Search Team – The Elders are putting a “Search Team” together, a cross-section of people from our Staff, Deacons, Small Group Leaders, and members. This team will be assembled by the end of May to assist the Elders in the search process.
- Focus on Prayer and Fasting – Every great movement of God begins with prayer. Join us in seeking the Lord for our church…
- Small Group Prayer Focus – Pastor Drew will be sending communication to Small Group Leaders with instructions to join in prayer and fasting.
- Prayer Times – Starting the first week of June, we will publishing dates and times when everyone is invited to come to the church to pray with some of our Staff throughout the week.